Part Time – Year Round
Cash Control Attendants are responsible for the daily counting and verification of monies within Splash Lagoon. This person is directly responsible for large sums of money, and their skill, care, and discretion are of the utmost importance when working in a position such as this.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
which may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Must be able to read, and interpret printed material and illustrations.
- Must be able to do basic arithmetic and advanced mathematical problems.
- Must be able to accurately and quickly count money.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and the software packages used by Splash Lagoon.
- Must be able to accurately account for wristbands and other controlled materials.
- Must be able to print and analyze daily reports and logs so that errors may be detected and corrections made.
- Must be able to retrieve items from varying heights.
- Able to lift and drag up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Able to sit stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to communicate verbally with guests and other employees.
- Ability to follow and accomplish instructions & procedures.
- This employee is responsible for maintaining an environment that is both safe and pleasant for pool patrons.
- This employee is required to assist in maintaining a high level of customer service (Aloha Spirit).
- This employee may be required to assist in other office / clerical tasks as needed.
- This employee may be required, on an occasional basis, to supervise department employees.
- This employee performs other tasks and/or related duties as assigned or required by management and supervisors when necessary.
- This employee is to wear approved uniform and any necessary job-related equipment during assigned shift or anytime while on duty.
- This employee may be subject to both pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening during tenure of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to properly and safely operate equipment used.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public, guests and staff members.
- Must be firm, fair, consistent and courteous in order to gain the respect and cooperation of the public.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other employees in a team effort, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful operation of a facility.
- Must have the physical and mental conditions necessary to be able to properly and timely activate and complete the EAP system in the case of an emergency.
- Must possess good verbal communication skills.
- Must be skilled in the use and care of supplied equipment.
- Independent judgment concerning work methods and procedures is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- It is highly recommended that any Cash Control Attendants have completed collegiate level coursework in business, finance, or accounting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Ability to effectively work at different heights.
- Works in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work in team environment as a team member and as team leader.
- Must work in environmental conditions that include, but not limited to:
- Wet and humid environments.
- Indoor environmental conditions with up to 90% humidity and temperatures ranging from 70F to 120F.
- Exposure to chemicals, fumes, dirt, caustic chemicals, acids, odors, waste, and dust.
- Business attire and possible uniformed in some instances.