Part Time – Year Round
Food and Beverage Attendants provide outstanding edible products to guests, while providing top notch guest service. This position also offers the ability for persons to advance in their understanding of the culinary industry, and may provide limited catering and group service opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
which may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Must be able to read, and interpret printed material and illustrations.
- Must be able to retrieve items from varying heights.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer, and must be willing to learn the Point of Sale system.
- Must be able to handle food in a safe and proper fashion with gloves, hats, and other equipment.
- Must be able to prepare food using sharp objects in a safe fashion.
- Must be able to safely clean around food areas using chemicals in the proper fashion.
- Must be able to clean and wash dishes and utensils.
- Able to lift and drag up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to communicate verbally with guests and other employees.
- Ability to follow and accomplish instructions & procedures.
- Ability to properly and safely operate equipment used.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public, guests and staff members.
- Must have emotional stability and the ability to make sound decisions that conform to facility policies when dealing in adverse situations.
- Knowledge that their decisions may affect the total facility and the lives of others.
- Must be firm, fair, consistent and courteous in order to gain the respect and cooperation of the public.
- This employee is responsible for maintaining an environment that is both safe and pleasant for pool patrons.
- This employee is required to assist in maintaining a high level of customer service (Aloha Spirit).
- This employee may be required, on an occasional basis, to supervise lower class employees.
- This employee may be required to handle and dispense alcoholic beverages in a proper fashion.
- This employee performs other tasks and/or related duties as assigned or required by management and supervisors when necessary.
- This employee is to wear approved uniform and any necessary job-related equipment during assigned shift or anytime while on duty.
- This employee may be subject to both pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening during tenure of employment.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other employees in a team effort, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful operation of a facility.
- Must have the physical and mental conditions necessary to be able to properly and timely activate and complete the EAP system in the case of an emergency.
- Must possess good oral communication skills.
- Must be skilled in the use and care of supplied equipment.
- Independent judgment concerning work methods and procedures is required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Ability to effectively work at different heights.
- Works in tiring or uncomfortable positions or situations for long periods of time.
- Able to work in team environment as a team member and as team leader.
- Must work in environmental conditions that include, but not limit to:
- Wet and humid environments
- Indoor environmental conditions with up to 90% humidity and temperatures ranging from 70F to 120 F.
- Exposure to chemicals, fumes, dirt, caustic chemicals, acids, odors, waste, and dust.
- l Uniformed position.