Food Service Supervisors provide leadership and direction to Food Service Attendants and Bartenders, and ensure that they follow all operational and food safety procedures while continuing service in a speedy and expeditious fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
which may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food service.
- Train workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Must be able to perform the duties of a Food Service Attendant and Bartender.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Control inventories of food, equipment, small ware and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures in order to ensure quality standards and service.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Estimate supplies required to prepare for opening.
- Able to communicate verbally with guests and other employees.
- Ability to follow and accomplish instructions & procedures.
- Ensures that all Food Service Attendants follow Splash Lagoon Policies and Procedures.
- Food Services Supervisor may initiate and follow disciplinary actions up to but NOT including suspension and/or termination.
- Must be willing to perform other task and or related duties as assigned or required by management when necessary.
- Willingness to work a flexible work schedule as dictated by business andor/staffing demands.
- This employee is responsible for maintaining an environment that is both safe and pleasant for patrons.
- This employee is required to assist in maintaining a high level of customer service (Aloha Spirit).
- This employee may be required,to supervise other employees.
- This employee may be required to handle and dispense alcoholic beverages in a proper fashion.
- This employee performs other tasks and/or related duties as assigned or required by management and supervisors when necessary.
- This employee is to wear approved uniform and any necessary job-related equipment during assigned shift or anytime while on duty.
- This employee may be subject to both pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening during tenure of employment.
- Ability to properly and safely operate equipment used.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public,guests and staff members.
- Must have emotional stability and the ability to make sound decisions that conform to facility policies when dealing in adverse situations.
- Knowledge that their decisions may affect the total facility and the lives of others.
- Must be firm, fair, consistent and courteous in order to gain the respect and cooperation of the public.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other employees in a team effort, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful operation of a facility.
- Must have the physical and mental conditions necessary to be able to properly and timely activate and complete the EAP system in the case of an emergency.
- Must possess good oral communication skills.
- Must be skilled in the use and care of supplied equipment.
- Independent judgment concerning work methods and procedures is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience.
- Must be able to obtain Serve Safe Certification.
- Must acquire TIPS training Certification.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Ability to effectively work at different heights.
- Works in tiring or uncomfortable positions or situations for long periods of time.
- Able to work in team environment as a team member and as team leader.
- Must work in environmental conditions that include, but not limited to:
- Wet and humid environments.
- Indoor environmental conditions with up to 90% humidity and temperatures ranging from 70F to 120 F.
- Possible exposure to chemicals, fumes, dirt, caustic chemicals, acids,odors, waste, and dust.
- Uniformed position.