Part Time – Year Round
The Guest Services Attendant provides information and admissions to guests visiting Splash Lagoon. Helps out in many areas of the water park operations, and is a front runner employee when it comes to extreme guest service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
which may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Sell passes and collect fees from customers.
- Provide information about facilities, entertainment options, and rules and regulations.
- Record details of repair activities and ride shut down information.
- Handle guest satisfaction surveys and complaints.
- Announce or describe amusement park attractions to patrons to entice customers to games and other entertainment.
- Distribute and size life jackets for patrons.
- Provide great customer service in person as well as over the phone.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to properly and safely operate equipment used.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public, guests and staff members.
- Must have emotional stability and the ability to make sound decisions that conform to facility policies when dealing in adverse situations.
- Must be firm, fair, consistent and courteous in order to gain the respect and cooperation of the public and employees.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other employees in a team effort, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful operation of a facility.
- Must possess good verbal communication skills.
- Must be skilled in the use and care of supplied equipment.
- Independent judgment concerning work methods and procedures is required.
- This employee is responsible for maintaining an environment that is both safe and pleasant for pool patrons.
- This employee is required to assist in maintaining a high level of customer service (Aloha Spirit).
- This employee performs other tasks and/or related duties as assigned or required by facility management when necessary.
- This employee is to wear approved uniform and any necessary job-related safety equipment during assigned shift or anytime while on duty.
- This employee may be subject to both pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening during tenure of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Ability to effectively work at different heights.
- Works in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work in team environment as a team member and as team leader.
- Must work in environmental conditions that include, but not limited to:
- Exposure to chemicals, fumes, dirt, caustic chemicals, acids, odors, waste, and dust
- Uniformed position with possible business attire.
- Wet and humid environments.
- Indoor environmental conditions with up to 90% humidity and temperatures ranging from 70F to 120F.