The Park Services Attendant performs a combination of light cleaning duties to maintain Splash Lagoon such as showers, bathrooms, and floors in a clean and orderly manner. Duties include replenishing towels, cleaning bathrooms and halls, and vacuuming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
which may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Replenishes supplies such as towels and bathroom items.
- Keep storage areas well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Wash windows, wall, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Hang draperies, and dust window blinds.
- Complete daily travel paths around Splash Lagoon to ensure tidiness.
- Maintain an environment that is both safe and pleasant for pool patrons.
- Assist in the removal of refuse and materials in a safe manner.
- Know and understand the uses and dangers of chemicals which they use.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to properly and safely operate equipment used.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Active listening by giving full attention to others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation is top priority by actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness by being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Instructing others on how to accomplish tasks.
- Reading comprehension by understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service (Aloha Spirit).
- Getting information; observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships; developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Performing general physical activities; performing physical activities that require considerable use of you arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Ability to effectively work at different heights.
- Works in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work in team environment as a team member and as team leader.
- Must work in environmental conditions that include, but not limited to:
- Exposure to chemicals, fumes, dirt, caustic chemicals, acids, odors, waste, and dust.
- Wet and humid environments.
- Indoor environmental conditions with up to 90% humidity and temperatures ranging from 70F to 120F.