Part Time – Year Round
The Retail Attendant provides a role to those persons who would like to enter into the retail sector, and use those skills needed to operate a profitable retail store, while providing over the top guest service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
which may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Answer customer’s questions about various merchandise items.
- Multi-tasking between helping existing guests with their needs and looking out for other guest who may need help.
- Communicate with guests and other employees regarding different merchandise.
- Stocks the gift shop with different items.
- Sets up displays or arranges merchandise on counters, tables, racks to promote sales.
- Secures, monitors, records, and tracks merchandise.
- Keeps the gift shop clean and orderly by cleaning up and folding different articles of clothing.
- Keep record of sales and prepares inventory of stock.
- Operate a POS station and handle its various functions.
- Able to lift and drag up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Able to sit stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to follow and accomplish instructions & procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to properly and safely operate equipment used.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public, guests and staff members.
- Must have emotional stability and the ability to make sound decisions that conform to facility policies when dealing in adverse situations.
- Knowledge that their decisions may affect the total facility staff and the lives of others.
- Must be firm, fair, consistent and courteous in order to gain the respect and cooperation of the public.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other staff in a team effort, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful operation of a facility.
- Must have the physical and mental conditions necessary to be able to properly and timely activate and complete the EAP system in the case of an emergency.
- Must possess good oral communication skills.
- Must be skilled in the use and care of supplied equipment.
- Independent judgment concerning work methods and procedures is required.
- This employee is required to assist in maintaining a high level of customer service (Aloha Spirit).
- This employee may be required, on an occasional basis, to supervise other employees.
- This employee may be required to assist in the counting and recording of inventory.
- This employee performs other tasks and/or related duties as assigned or required by management and supervisors when necessary.
- This employee is to wear approved uniform and any necessary job-related equipment during assigned shift or anytime while on duty.
- This employee may be subject to both pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening during tenure of employment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Ability to effectively work at different heights.
- Works in tiring or uncomfortable positions or situations for long periods of time.
- Able to work in team environment as a team member and as team leader.
- Must work in environmental conditions that include, but not limited to:
- Wet and humid environment and Indoor environmental conditions with up to 90% humidity and temperatures ranging from 70F to 120 F.
- Exposure to chemicals, fumes, dirt, caustic chemicals, acids, odors, waste, and dust
- Uniformed position.