Part Time – Year Round
The Retail Supervisor assists in the daily operation and upkeep of all three retail departments at Splash Lagoon. The person filling this position will also learn valuable skills required by the retail sector, including inventory control,pricing, and ordering under the supervision of the Retail Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
which may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Must be able to perform the duties of a Retail Attendant.
- Multi-tasking between helping existing guests with their needs and looking out for other guest who may need help.
- Communicate with Retail Associates and guests regarding various merchandise items.
- Stocks the gift shop/sweet shop with different items.
- Sets up displays or arranges merchandise on counters, tables, racks to promote sales.
- Secures, monitors, records, and tracks merchandise.
- Keeps the gift shop, sweet shop and locker hut clean and orderly by cleaning up and folding different articles of clothing and arranging collectibles.
- Keep record of sales and prepares and conducts monthly inventory of stock.
- Communicate with Retail Manager in regards to inventory levels.
- Operate a POS station and handle its various functions.
- Must be able to do simple and complex math including basic arithmetic,percentages, and fractions.
- Must be able to understand pricing, purchasing, and inventory maintenance.
- Must be able to read, and interpret printed material and illustrations.
- Able to lift and drag up to 100 pounds unassisted.
- Able to sit stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to communicate verbally with guests and other employees.
- Ability to follow and accomplish instructions & procedures.
- Ensuring Retail Attendants follow Splash Lagoon Policies and Procedures;
- Retail Supervisor may initiate and follow disciplinary actions up to but NOT including suspension and/or termination.
- This employee is responsible for maintaining an environment that is both safe and pleasant for pool patrons.
- This employee is required to assist in maintaining a high level of customer service (Aloha Spirit).
- This employee may be required, on an occasional basis, to supervise other employees.
- This employee may be required to participate in the setting up and positioning of merchandise.
- This employee may be required to assist in the counting and recording of inventory.
- This employee performs other tasks and/or related duties as assigned or required by management and supervisors when necessary.
- This employee is to wear approved uniform and any necessary job-related equipment during assigned shift or anytime while on duty.
- This employee may be subject to both pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening during tenure of employment.
- Ability to properly and safely operate equipment used.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public,guests and staff members.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and use the Internet.
- Must have emotional stability and the ability to make sound decisions that conform to facility policies when dealing in adverse situations.
- Knowledge that their decisions may affect the total facility staff and the lives of others.
- Must be firm, fair, consistent and courteous in order to gain the respect and cooperation of the public.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with each team member, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful operation of a facility.
- Must have the physical and mental conditions necessary to be able to properly and timely activate and complete the EAP system in the case of an emergency.
- Must possess good oral communication skills.
- Must be skilled in the use and care of supplied equipment.
- Independent judgment concerning work methods and procedures is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prefer 2 – 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Ability to effectively work at different heights.
- Works in tiring or uncomfortable positions or situations for long periods of time.
- Able to work in team environment as a team member and as team leader.
- Must work in environmental conditions that include, but not limited to:
- Wet and humid environments.
- Indoor environmental conditions with up to 90% humidity and temperatures ranging from 70F to 120 F.
- Possible exposure to chemicals, fumes, dirt, caustic chemicals, acids, odors, waste, and dust
- Uniformed position.